If you’re looking for a team-oriented environment where we work hard and have fun, you’ve come to the right place.
Here are our open positions:
Employee Communication Project Specialist
If you’re starting a new career in corporate communication or if you’d like to learn about another communication discipline, employee communication, we would love to hear from you. Davis & Company is looking for a smart, creative, visual thinker to join our team to work out of our Glen Rock, N.J. office.
The skills you’ll have
- Solid writer. You know when to use less and fewer. You’re passionate about simple and clear language. You’ve written for print communication and have dabbled in social media and other digital vehicles.
- Strong analyst. You have experience researching communication issues. You can sift through tons of data and present your findings succinctly.
- Creative/visual thinker. You enjoy the challenge of thinking about a problem in new ways. You’re able to express complex concepts as simple, clear ideas. You prefer to think visually—using images to communicate key messages.
- Project manager. You’re able to juggle multiple deliverables. You’re a team player that excels in a highly collaborative environment.
- Popcorn chef. When it’s your turn to make the popcorn, you know what to do.
The education and experience we expect
- One to two years of communication experience with a corporation or consulting firm/agency
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business or public relations; extra points for an advanced degree
Mac IT specialist
We know you’re out there: You’ve been working in the IT support field for a few years, but you’re interested in making a difference in a big way. If it’s time to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you.
Davis & Company is looking for a smart, creative and charismatic IT support specialist to join our team in our Glen Rock, NJ office. You’re the right candidate if you’re skilled at managing current technologies as well as recommending the new hardware and software our firm needs. You’re proactive and organized—and you take pride in doing great work and helping our team succeed.
In return, Davis & Company will provide a rewarding environment where you can build your skills to further your knowledge and career.
- Support staff with software/hardware installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Track and manage technical requests (submitted via walk-ups, phone and email) in a ticket system
- Create “how-to” videos as useful resources for all staff
- Implement, update and support IT function to ensure a timely, accurate and comprehensive “knowledge database” for all staff
- Manage servers: Mac, Windows 2012 and NAS
- Use imaging/package technology to setup new laptops and desktops and rollout updates
- Configure, encrypt and support iOS mobile phones
- Manage computer system back up process
- Manage replacement of desktops, laptops and peripherals; in addition to, escalating technical issues to vendors as needed
- Research, identify and recommend new technologies and software to improve the IT platform and delivery systems
- Serve as initial contact for telecommunication problems for staff
- Have great aim. When a Nerf gun exchange breaks out, you know how to defend your side of the office.
- 2+ years of IT support experience
- Expert level skill with MacOS/iOS (Apple certified technician)
- Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2012, Office 2010, 2016, Office 365, SharePoint
- Experience with Zendesk or similar ticket/service management system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory in a Mac environment
- Understanding of virtual server environments (e.g., VMware)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
- Basic knowledge of mobile device management technologies
- Experience of basic installation/troubleshooting of AV equipment
- Excellent communication and service delivery skills
- Experience in the installation, configuration, and administration of LANs, wireless network along with other basic networking principles
- Hardware installation/cabling
- Associate’s Degree or higher
Freelance communication professionals
We're always interested to hear from talented communication professionals that enjoy working on a freelance basis. Send your resumé if you're a:
- Graphic designer
- PowerPoint expert
- Interactive web designer
- Employee communication or change management consultant
A bit about us
Based in northern New Jersey, Davis & Company is a leading communication consulting agency that helps companies reach, engage and motivate employees. Our clients are typically Fortune 500, global companies that hire us for our innovative approaches to internal communication challenges in the areas of: strategy and planning, change communication, HR and benefits communication, helping leaders and managers communicate, dynamic print and electronic vehicles, assessment and measurement, and graphic design/visual communication.
Our clients span nearly every industry, including: banking and financial services, consumer products, healthcare, insurance, industrial and pharmaceuticals.
Please email or send your résumé to:
Donna Marino, Director, Operations and People
Davis & Company
11 Harristown Road
Glen Rock, NJ 07452
Learn more about our award winning employee communication firm.