What’s our policy on submitting expenses? How do I get more information on our 401(k)? This number doesn’t work—now whom do I contact? I can’t find my handbook. Where can I get a new one?
Help employees find the answers to all of their HR-related questions quickly and easily with an electronic handbook. It not only saves you time and money, it can also better engage employees in your company policies by providing an enhanced experience.
An electronic handbook can range from a website to a mobile app. If you choose a simpler solution, like a navigable PDF, remember to include:
- Intuitive navigation: One click can go directly to any policy or section, and a drop down table of contents can be viewed from any page.
- Easy access: A PDF can be retrieved through an email attachment or a link on an intranet portal. Once opened, it can even be saved and printed.
- External resources: Links can lead directly to an external website or to a document with more information.
- If you have access to the handbook on an intranet portal, you may be able to track how many people download it.
- Providing a link to a quick survey will help determine if employees are getting the information they need.